Thursday, December 3, 2009

hurry up and wait

Most of my day is spent being close to the set and being available at a moment's notice to rush in for a lineup. The frustration about being "tied" to set is that the expectations are unrealistic. Usually I have a cue to head in to set when the 1st AD says the phrase "checking the gate," but sometimes it just isn't loud enough... gotta rush to set now...

The scene that's being filmed right now has the character I stand in for in a bathtub talking to someone else that comes into the bathroom. In order to stand in for him, I sat in the empty bathtub for 20 minutes while they set all of the lights. Definitely not one of the roughest job assignments, but it gets balanced out when I have to be leaning, kneeling, crouching, or some other weird body position for 30-40 minutes at a time. The only other times I've been in a bathtub were one time WITH another stand in and another time was unfortunately with Ms. Universe 1997 when I stood in for her costar for a few minutes. I know, rough life...


1 comment: